Tuesday, April 28, 2009 | Author: Jacob
Well I'm not sure whether discussing my bread making failures on the blog had anything to do with it, but I made the best loaf of bread I've ever made yesterday. It was fantastic and I'm thrilled! Big, soft, fluffy and so fresh tasting, what a treat since we've been out on uninhabited islands for a month now.

Also just to be clear, it is me, Julia, posting from Jacob's account about the bread because once again I've forgotten my account info to post to the blog.

In other exciting news last night we spent our first night as the sole boat in a beautiful anchorage. It was absolutely lovely, and as of this morning, we are still the only boat here. What a treat.

Posted by Julia

Lat 26 23' N, Long 111 26' W

You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

On April 28, 2009 at 10:25 AM , Blum said...

This is outstanding news! Now you can start selling bread bowls of clam chowder in all the Fisherman's Wharfs around the world.

 
On April 28, 2009 at 3:29 PM , Mac said...

I'll Take 2 Please ;-P

 
On May 6, 2009 at 12:12 PM , shawn and chris said...

I'm sure all your faithful readers want to know the top rules when not followed lead to burnt bread. So here follows pressure cooker bread tips I learned from Julia:

4) make sure the inside the pressure cooker is greased/floured;
3) don't put water in the pressure cooker;
2) secure the top of the cooker, but do not pressurize, and most importantly;
1) place dough raised inside the cooker on a cooking rack

Thanks for working out all the kinks for all of us! Look forward to many more loaves with you.

Hugs, Shawn s/v Tao